If Region A becomes unavailable, you must prepare the network layer in Region B for a failover of the management applications. First change the role of the NSX Manager instance in Region B to primary to recreate the virtual network infrastructure in Region B.
- In a Web browser, log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
Settings Value URL https://lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/ui User name email@example.com Password vsphere_admin_password
- In the Networking and security inventory, click Installation and upgrade.
- On the Management tab, click the NSX Managers tab.
- Disconnect the NSX Manager instance for the management cluster in Region B from the primary NSX Manager instance in Region A.
- Select the IP address of the NSX Manager instance for Region B 172.17.11.65.
- From the Actions menu, select Disconnect from primary NSX Manager.
- In the Disconnect from Primary NSX Manager dialog box, click Yes.
The operation sets the role of the NSX Manager instance to transit.
- Promote the NSX Manager for the management cluster in Region B to the primary role.
- From the Actions menu, select Assign primary role.
- In the Assign primary role dialog box, click Yes.