Before deleting the configured logical switches, disconnect them from the Virtual Machines of vRealize Log Insight in Region B. Assign to a VLAN-backed port group until secondary NSX manager role is assigned. The virtual machines must be powered off before migration as IP connectivity to or from the application virtual network is not available at this stage.
- In a Web browser, log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
Settings Value URL https://lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/ui User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- In the VMs and templates inventory, expand the lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local tree and expand the lax01-m01dc data center.
- Select the Management VMs folder and click the VMs tab.
- Power off the vRealize Log Insight virtual machines in the following order.
Virtual Machine Name Description Shutdown Order lax01vrli01c vRealize Log Insight worker node 1 lax01vrli01b vRealize Log Insight worker node 2 lax01vrli01a vRealize Log Insight master node 3
- Migrate vRealize Log Insight virtual machines to a VLAN-backed port group.
- Right-click vRealize Log Insight master node lax01vrli01a and select Edit settings.
- On the Edit settings dialog box, click the Virtual hardware tab.
- From the Network adapter 1 drop-down menu, click Browse, select the VLAN-backed distributed port group lax01-m01-vds01-management, and click OK.
- Repeat these steps for the lax01vrli01b and lax01vrli01c vRealize Log Insight worker nodes.