This mode represents real-world VDI deployments. However, it requires more hardware than the local mode operation.
- Deploy View Planner harness using steps provided in Deploying the View Planner harness.
View Planner harness web UI should be accessible.
- Configure Infra server, Identity Server, and VDI server in View Planner Harness using steps in Configuring the View Planner harness.
- Prepare the desktop Golden VM using steps provided in Setting up the View Planner desktop virtual machines.
- Create desktop pool using VMware Horizon View.
Use the desktop Golden VM created in the previous step as the parent VM and select the snapshot and Sysprep/QuickPrep profile created in the previous step.
- Prepare the client Golden VM using steps provided in Setting Up the View Planner Client Virtual Machines.
- Create equal number of client virtual machines using the steps provided in Creating clones using View Planner.
Use the client Golden VM created in the previous step as the parent VM, select snapshot and Sysprep/QuickPrep profile created in the previous step.
- Create a remote mode run profile using steps provided in Creating a Run Profile.
Set the Run Mode to remote, Desktop Type to vdi, Desktop Prefix to the pool prefix , and Client Prefix to the client VM prefix.
- Start the run using steps provided in Starting a View Planner Run.