You can configure View Planner for the Remote Desktop Session Host(RDSH) Application test.
- Deploy View Planner harness using steps provided in Deploying the View Planner harness.
View Planner harness web UI should be accessible.
- Configure Infra server, Identity Server, and VDI server in View Planner Harness Using Steps in Configuring the View Planner harness.
- Prepare the RDSH server Golden VM using steps provided in Setting up the View Planner desktop virtual machines.
- Create an RDSH farm and application pool using VMware Horizon View.
While creating RDSH farm, use the RDSH Golden VM created in the previous step as the parent VM and select the snapshot and Sysprep/QuickPrep profile created in the previous step.
Create a new manual RDSH application pool using RDSH farm. Enter the name and ID of the application pool as viewplanner and path of the application to C:\viewplanner\vp_default.bat.
- Prepare the client Golden VM using steps provided in Setting Up the View Planner Client Virtual Machines.
- Create the required number of the client virtual machines using the steps provided in Creating clones using View Planner.
Use the client Golden VM created in the previous step as the parent VM and select the snapshot and Sysprep/QuickPrep profile created in the previous step.
- Create a remote mode run profile using steps provided in Creating a Run Profile.
Set the Run Mode to remote, Desktop Type to rdsh_apps, Desktop Prefix to the RDSH farm prefix, and Client Prefix to the client VM prefix.
- Start the run using steps provided in Starting a View Planner Run.