Updated on:15 JAN 2019
VMware View Planner 4.0 | 15 JAN 2019 | Build 11719887
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
Notable changes in View Planner 4.0 include the following:
- Photon OS based harness
- A newer HTML 5 based web interface
- Single agent for desktop and clients
- Agentless access of VMware Horizon View Server and Microsoft Active directory
- Command line interface with scripting support
- Support for latest versions of VMware vSphere and VMware Horizon View
- Support for multiple vCenter Server, Horizon View, and Active directory servers
- Support for Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016, 32 and 64-bit virtual machines
- Supports Blast, PCoIP, and RDP protocols
- Supports Local mode, Remote mode, Direct Connect, RDSH desktop and RDSH app tests
- API for user developed custom workloads
- Supports PDF and Text report generation
- Supports report generation for individual iteration in the run
- Virtual machine clone support
- Added various new vCenter counters for CPU and memory performance tracking
- Remote login rate control and login time measurement
- Multi-user support
- Supports client and desktop driven workloads
- Inbuilt support for Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Chrome text browse, Chrome image browse, Chrome multi tab, Edge text browse, Edge Image browse, Media player, File Generation, File Copy, File Move, and File Compress workloads
- Support for App Volumes, UEM and UAG
- Support for non-VMware software stack using unmanaged infra server
- Support for non VDI use cases using local mode and custom developed workloads
- Various other usability and stability improvements
- Outlook 2016 is not supported.
- Virtual machines under test are rebooted at the start of each run. This must be manually disabled in the harness configuration by setting VM_FORCE_REBOOT to 0 for instant clone tests.
For more information, contact VMware at viewplanner‐email@example.com.