The Virtual Apps Collections feature was introduced in VMware Identity Manager 3.1. With virtual apps collections, resource configurations are stored in the VMware Identity Manager service instead of the connector. They are managed from the page instead of the pages.
The old Manage Desktop Applications user interface is no longer supported. You must migrate any existing resource integrations to virtual apps collections, if you have not already done so.
In VMware Identity Manager 19.03, you can get started with virtual apps collections directly or follow a migration path, depending on your installation scenario.
- In new installations, you can create new virtual apps collections for Horizon, Horizon Cloud, Citrix, or ThinApp resources directly. Select the Get Started. Select the type of resource you want to integrate and follow the wizard to create a new virtual apps collection. tab. Review the information on the page and click
- If you upgrade to VMware Identity Manager 19.03 and all your connectors are version 2017.12.1.0 or later, you must migrate any existing configurations that were still being managed through the Manage Desktop Applications user interface to virtual apps collections.
Select the Get Started to use the Migration wizard. See Using the Migration Wizard to Migrate to Virtual Apps Collections.tab. Review the information on the page and click
After you migrate the existing configurations, the new Virtual Apps Collections page is enabled, allowing you to view and edit the migrated configurations and create new ones. To access the page at any time, select thetab.
- If you are upgrading from an earlier release and you have at least one connector that is older than version 2017.12.1.0, you cannot create new virtual apps collections. Upgrade all connectors to 2017.12.1.0 or later, then use the Migration wizard to migrate your existing configurations to virtual apps collections.
- To create new virtual apps collections or to migrate existing configurations to virtual apps collections, all instances of the VMware Identity Manager service must be version 3.1 or later and all connectors must be version 2017.12.1.0 or later.
- The Super Admin role is required to access the Virtual Apps Collections page initially and to migrate existing resources. See About Virtual Apps Collections for more information.