To integrate Horizon pods in VMware Identity Manager, you create one or more virtual apps collections in the VMware Identity Manager console. The collections contain the configuration information for the Horizon Connection Servers as well as sync settings.
Before you perform any integration tasks in the VMware Identity Manager console, set up Horizon. You create and configure desktop and application pools in Horizon Administrator, not in VMware Identity Manager. You also set entitlements for Active Directory users and groups in Horizon Administrator.
Integrating Horizon pods with VMware Identity Manager involves the following high-level tasks.
- Deploy and configure Horizon servers.
- Deploy Horizon desktop and application pools, with entitlements set for Active Directory users and groups.
- Sync Active Directory users and groups who are entitled to application and desktop pools in Horizon Connection Server instances to the VMware Identity Manager service using directory sync.
- Create one or more virtual apps collections for the Horizon pods in VMware Identity Manager.
- Configure SAML authenticator on the Horizon Connection Server. You must always use the VMware Identity Manager FQDN on the Authenticator configuration page.