You have the VMware Identity Manager service URL and System domain admin credentials. In cloud deployments, the System domain admin is the admin whose credentials you receive when you get your VMware Identity Manager tenant. In on-premises deployments, the System domain admin is the admin user that is created when you install VMware Identity Manager.
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager console as the System domain admin.
- Click the Identity & Access Management tab.
- Click Setup.
- On the Connectors page, click Add Connector.
- Enter a name for the connector.
- Click Generate Activation Code.
The activation code displays on the page.
- Copy the activation code and save it.
Later, after you install the connector, you enter the activation code in the Connector Setup Wizard.
What to do next
Download and install the VMware Identity Manager connector.