The VMware Identity Manager connector is an on-premises component of VMware Identity Manager that provides directory integration, user authentication, and integration with resources such as Horizon 7.
The connector is deployed in outbound connection mode and does not require inbound port 443 to be opened. It communicates with the VMware Identity Manager service through a Websocket-based communication channel.
Supported Authentication Methods
The VMware Identity Manager connector supports the following authentication methods.
- RSA Adaptive Authentication
- RSA SecurID
- Kerberos authentication for internal users
Supported Directory Integrations
The VMware Identity Manager connector supports integration with the following types of enterprise directories.
- Active Directory over LDAP
- Active Directory over Integrated Windows Authentication
- LDAP Directory
The VMware Identity Manager connector supports integration with the following types of resources.
- VMware Horizon® 7, Horizon 6, or View desktop and application pools
- VMware Horizon® Cloud Service™ with Hosted and On-Premises Infrastructure
- Citrix-published resources