Application-level events from the service can be exported to an external syslog server. Operating system events are not exported.
Since most companies do not have unlimited disk space, VMware Identity Manager does not save the complete logging history. If you want to save more history or create a centralized location for your logging history, you can set up an external syslog server.
If you do not specify a syslog server during the initial configuration, you can configure it later from thepage.
- Set up an external syslog server. You can use any of the standard syslog servers available. Several syslog servers include advanced search capabilities.
- Ensure that VMware Identity Manager can reach the syslog server on port 514 (UDP).
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager console.
- Click the Appliance Settings tab, then click Manage Configuration.
- Select Configure Syslog in the left pane.
- Click Enable.
- Enter the IP address or the FQDN of the syslog server where you want to store the logs.
- Click Save.