Network configuration with IP Pools is optional in Workspace ONE Access. You can manually add IP pools to the Workspace ONE Access virtual appliance after it is installed.
IP Pools act like DHCP servers to assign IP addresses from the pool to the VMware Workspace ONE Access virtual appliance. To use IP Pools, you edit the virtual appliance networking properties to change the properties to dynamic properties and configure the netmask, gateway, and DNS settings.
The virtual appliance must be powered off.
- In the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client, right-click the VMware Workspace ONE Access virtual appliance and select Edit Settings.
- Select the Options tab.
- Under vApp Options, click Advanced.
- In the Properties section on the right, click the Properties button.
- In the Advanced Property Configuration dialog box, configure the following keys:
- Select one of the keys and click Edit.
- In the Edit Property Settings dialog box, next to the Type field, click Edit.
- In the Edit Property Type dialog box, select Dynamic Property and select the appropriate value from the drop down menu for Netmask, Gateway Address, and DNS Servers respectively.
- Click OK, and click OK again.
- Repeat these steps to configure each key.
- Power on the virtual appliance.
What to do next
Configure Workspace ONE Access settings.