Before you start the offline upgrade, set up the local Web server by creating a directory structure that includes a subdirectory for the Workspace ONE Access virtual appliance.
- Perform the general offline-upgrade prerequisites. See Prerequisites for Offline Upgrade.
- Download the VMware Workspace ONE Access offline upgrade package, identity-manager-20.01.0.0-buildNumber-updaterepo.zip, from the VMware Workspace ONE Access product download page on my.vmware.com.
- If you use an IIS Web server, configure the Web server to allow special characters in file names. You configure this in the Request Filtering section by selecting the Allow double escaping option.
- Create a directory on the Web server at http://YourWebServer/VM/ and copy the downloaded zip file to it.
- Verify that your Web server includes mime types for .sig (text/plain) and .sha256 (text/plain).
Without these mime types your Web server fails to check for updates.
- Unzip the file.
The contents of the extracted ZIP file are served by http:// YourWebServer/ VM/.The extracted contents of the file contain the following subdirectories: /manifest and /package-pool.
- Run the following updatelocal.hzn command to check that the URL has valid update contents.
/usr/local/horizon/update/updatelocal.hzn checkurl http://YourWebServer/VM