The VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance accesses the VMware update servers through the Internet. If your network configuration provides Internet access using an HTTP proxy, you must adjust the proxy settings for the appliance.
To use a proxy server with VMware Identity Manager, when you install VMware Identity Manager, you configure VMware Identity Manager using the YaST utility. To upgrade VMware Identity Manager, you must now edit the proxy server settings by running specific vami commands in the VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance.
- Verify that you have the root password for the virtual appliance. See Installing and Configuring VMware Workspace ONE Access for information about creating passwords for administrator accounts.
- Verify that you have the proxy server information.
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager 19.03 virtual appliance as the root user.
- Run the following command to set the proxy.
/opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_set_proxy proxyServer proxyPort
/opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_set_proxy proxy.mycompany.com 3128
- Run the following command to verify the proxy settings.
- If your proxy sever requires authentication, edit the /etc/environment configuration file and add the user name and password. For example:
- Restart the Tomcat server on the VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance to use the new proxy settings.
service horizon-workspace restart
The VMware update servers are now available to the VMware Identity Manager 19.03 virtual appliance.