You can install the Workspace ONE Access service in a new standalone server or in a cluster of three or more nodes.
The tasks to deploy and set up Workspace ONE Access require that you perform the prerequisites, deploy the Workspace ONE Access OVA file, and finish the setup from the Workspace ONE Access Setup wizard.
- To use ThinApp packaged applications, use VMware Identity Manager connector (Linux) version 2018.8.1.0.
- To use other Virtual Apps, such as Horizon desktops and applications or Citrix published resources, use VMware Identity Manager connector (Windows) version 19.03.0.1.
- If you plan to enable certificate or smart card-based authentication, use the SSL pass-through setting at the load balancer, instead of the terminate SSL setting. This configuration ensures that the SSL handshake is between the Workspace ONE Access connector and the client.
- Depending on the location of the Workspace ONE UEM deployment, the Workspace ONE UEM REST APIs can be in the cloud or on premises.
- For information about configuring and enabling Kerberos authentication in Workspace ONE Access, see Managing VMware Workspace ONE Access User Authentication Methods.