Users are unable to launch applications from the Workspace ONE portal or the wrong authentication method is applied in a load-balanced environment.
- Users are unable to launch applications from the Workspace ONE portal after they log in.
- The wrong authentication method is presented to users for step-up authentication.
These problems can occur if access policies are determined incorrectly. The client IP address determines which access policy is applied during login and during application launch. In a load-balanced environment, Workspace ONE Access uses the X-Forwarded-For header to determine the client IP address. In some cases, an error might occur.
service.numberOfLoadBalancers property in the runtime-config.properties file in each of the nodes in your Workspace ONE Access cluster. The property specifies the number of load balancers fronting the Workspace ONE Access instances.
- Log in to the Workspace ONE Access appliance.
- Edit the /usr/local/horizon/conf/runtime-config.properties file and add the following property:
numberOfLBsis the number of load balancers fronting the Workspace ONE Access instances.
- Restart the workspace appliance.
service horizon-workspace restart