The Workspace ONE Access on-premises appliance supports sending emails to users, for example for password reset. For a more secure connection, Workspace ONE Access can connect to an SMTP server using SSL/TLS. An SMTP server with SSL/TLS passes only encrypted information.
- Log in to the Workspace ONE Access console.
- Click the Appliance Settings tab and click SMTP.
- Enter the SMTP server host name.
- Enter the SMTP server port number.
- (Optional) If the SMTP server requires authentication, enter the user name and password.
- (Optional) To customize the sender's address in the email notifications, enter the email address for SMTP email.
If you do not provide an email address, the address defaults to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (Optional) If the SMTP server requires encryption of data over the communication, choose the security type, such as SSL/TLS or STARTTLS.
- Click TEST CONNECTION.
This action checks the connectivity to the SMTP server with the provided configuration.If the test is successful, the Save button is enabled.
- Click Save to save the configuration.