You can upgrade from earlier versions of the product to version 20.10
Product Version Numbers
This version of Workspace ONE Access is 20.10. Previous versions include 20.01, 19.03, and 3.3.
Supported Upgrade Paths
The upgrade path from 19.03 on Linux or 20.01 directly to version 20.10 is supported.
If your Linux deployment is not currently on 19.03, perform an upgrade to 19.03 first. See Upgrading to VMware Identity Manager 19.03.0.0 (Linux).
For information about upgrading from VMware Identity Manager on Windows, see Upgrading to VMware Workspace ONE Access 188.8.131.52.
- You can upgrade from version 184.108.40.206 or 3.3 directly to version 19.03.0.0.
- To upgrade from a version prior to 220.127.116.11, you must first upgrade to version 18.104.22.168, and then upgrade from 22.214.171.124 to 19.03.0.0. When you perform an online upgrade, the latest version to which upgrade is permitted appears. If necessary, upgrade to the allowed version and then upgrade to 126.96.36.199. See Upgrading to VMware Identity Manager 188.8.131.52 (Linux) for information.
Compatibility with Workspace ONE UEM
VMware Product Interoperability Matrix provides details about the compatibility of current and previous versions of VMware products and components, such as VMware Workspace ONE UEM Console.
You can upgrade from versions 19.03 on Linux or 20.01 online or offline.
By default, the Workspace ONE Access appliance uses the VMware web site for the upgrade procedure, which requires the appliance to have Internet connectivity. You must also configure proxy server settings for the appliance, if applicable.
If your virtual appliance does not have Internet connectivity, you can perform the upgrade offline. For an offline upgrade, you download the upgrade package from My VMware. You can either use the updateoffline.hzn script to perform the upgrade or set up a local Web server to host the upgrade file.
- For your existing deployment, if you deployed a single Workspace ONE Access appliance, upgrade it online or offline as described in Upgrading Workspace ONE Access Online or Upgrading Workspace ONE Access Offline.
Note: Expect some downtime because all services are stopped during the upgrade. Plan the timing of your upgrade accordingly.
- For your existing deployment, 19.03 or 20.01, if you deployed multiple virtual appliances in a cluster for failover or high availability, see Upgrade a Workspace ONE Access Cluster.
- To upgrade from Workspace ONE Access with minimal downtime in a multi-data center deployment scenario, see "Upgrading Workspace ONE Access with Minimal Downtime" in Installing and Configuring VMware Workspace ONE Access.