You must edit the runtime-config.properties files for the Workspace ONE Access appliances in the secondary data center to configure the appliances for read-only access. Also change the JDBC URL on the secondary data center nodes if you are not using technologies such as SQL Server Always On.
Make these changes in each Workspace ONE Access appliance in the secondary data center.
- Using an SSH client, log in to the Workspace ONE Access appliance as the root user.
- Open the /usr/local/horizon/conf/runtime-config.properties file.
- Configure the Workspace ONE Access appliance to have read-only access by adding the following line:
- Also add the following line to the file:
cache.service.type=ehcacheNote: cache.service.type=ehcache is required if you set read.only.service=true. If read.only.service=false or if the read.only.service key is not specified, then the default is cache.service.type=rds.
- Set the value of the
ehcache.replication.rmi.serversentry to the fully qualified domain names (FQDN) of the other nodes in the secondary data center. Use a colon
:as the separator.For this example, we have three nodes in the secondary data center ( sva1.example.com, sva2.example.com, and sva3.example.com). The current node is sva1.example.com. Configure the entry as follows.
- Save the file.
- Change the JDBC URL on the secondary data center nodes if you are not using technologies such as SQL Server Always On.
See Manage Workspace ONE Access External Database Settings for information.
- Restart the Tomcat server on the appliance.
service horizon-workspace restart
- Repeat the preceding steps on the remaining nodes in the secondary data center.
For this example, the remaining nodes to configure are sva2.example.com and sva3.example.com.