Configuring time synchronization on all instances of the Workspace ONE Access service and connector is required for a Workspace ONE Access deployment to function correctly. To configure time synchronization for the Workspace ONE Access service, you configure the Time Synchronization page in the Workspace ONE Access console.
You can synchronize the Workspace ONE Access service clock either with the ESXi host or with a Network Time Protocol (NTP) server. By default, the Workspace ONE Access service is set to synchronize with the host.
- As a best practice, synchronize time with an NTP server if the Workspace ONE Access instance can access an NTP server. Otherwise, synchronize time with the ESXi host and configure the ESXi host to synchronize time with an NTP server.
- If your deployment includes Workspace ONE Access service or connector instances on different hosts, the best practice is to synchronize time with an NTP server directly instead of synchronizing with the host to ensure that there is no time drift between the instances.
- Log in to the Workspace ONE Access console.
- Select .
- Click VA Configuration of the service node you want to configure and log in with the admin user password.
- Click Time Synchronization.
- Select a time synchronization option.
Option Description NTP Synchronizes the Workspace ONE Access computer system clock with an NTP server. The default NTP server is time.nist.gov. To use another NTP server, enter its fully qualified domain name (FQDN) in the NTP Server text box. For example:
Host Time Synchronizes the Workspace ONE Access computer system clock with the ESXi host. This is the default setting.
- Click Save.