You can use the updateoffline.hzn script to perform an offline upgrade of the existing service virtual appliance. Download the offline upgrade package from the VMware Workspace ONE Access product download page to use with the script.
The script verifies that the upgrade package matches the product. For example, if you are upgrading the Workspace ONE Access service virtual appliance and you use the connector upgrade package instead of the service upgrade package, the script results in an error.
- Perform the general offline-upgrade prerequisites. See Prerequisites for a Workspace ONE Access Offline Upgrade.
- Download the VMware Workspace ONE Access offline upgrade package, identity-manager-22.09.0.0-buildNumber-updaterepo.zip, Go to the VMware Customer Connect Downloads page and scroll to VMware Workspace ONE Access in the Desktop & End-User Computing section. Click Download Product.
The recommended location for saving the file is /var/tmp.
- Verify that at least 4 GB of disk space are available on the primary root partition of the virtual appliance after copying identity-manager-22.09.0.0-buildNumber-updaterepo.zip to the appliance.
- Locate the updateoffline.hzn script.
The script is available at the following path:
- Run the updateoffline.hzn script as the root user.
/usr/local/horizon/update/updateoffline.hzn [-r] -f upgradeFilePath
-f upgradeFilePath Upgrade the appliance using upgradeFilePath. upgradeFilePath must be an absolute path. Required -r Reboot after upgrade. Optional -h Displays the script usage. OptionalFor example:
/usr/local/horizon/update/updateoffline.hzn -f /var/tmp/identity-manager-22.09.0.0-buildNumber-updaterepo.zip
- If the "The product RID matches so continue" prompt appears, press Enter to continue.
- If you did not use the -r option with the script, restart the virtual appliance after upgrade is complete.
- After you upgrade all the nodes in your Workspace ONE Access deployment, use the diagnostics dashboard to monitor system information health.
Note: After upgrading to 22.09, a redesigned Workspace ONE Access console is displayed. The Monitor > Resiliency tab replaces the Dashboard>System Diagnostics Dashboard tab. For details about the Workspace ONE Access console redesign, see Workspace ONE Access Console Features and Settings in the administration guide.
- Log in to the Workspace ONE Access console.
- Select .
- If your deployment consists of more than one Workspace ONE Access appliance, select the appliance you want to monitor.
- Check the status of the various services.