If you are a super administrator or an administrator who is assigned a role with the Role Administrator service, you can remove users and groups from an administrator role from the Workspace ONE Access console. You can also remove the administrator role from a users profile from the page in the Workspace ONE Access console.page in the
You can remove a group from an admin role. Removing a group revokes the role for all members of the group. You cannot remove a role from a specific member of the group. To remove a user from the role, remove the user from the group.
Remove Workspace ONE Access Administrator Role from Individual Users
- In the Workspace ONE Access console page, select the user name. All the roles assigned to this user are listed in the section.
- Click EDIT and deselect the check box for the roles to revoke.
- Click NEXT to navigate to the Summary page and click SAVE.
The user is removed from the role and the role is removed from the user profile.
Remove a Group from a Workspace ONE Access Admin Role
When you remove a group from a role, access to the role is revoked for all members of the group. The Roles section of the user and the group profile pages is updated to remove the role.
- In the Workspace ONE Access console
In the Group Info page, the Roles section lists all the roles assigned to this group.
page, select the group name from the list .
- In the Roles section, click here.
You are redirected to the Roles page.
- Select the role and click Assign.
- Click X next to the group name to remove the group from the role.
- Click Save.
Removing Groups from a Role
Group A, which includes User1, User2, and User3, is assigned to the Directory Admin role. The Group A, User1, User2, and User3 profiles are updated to reflect the Directory Admin role in their profile pages.
User2, also is directly assigned to the Directory Admin role.
You revoke access to Group A. Group A, User1, and User3 are removed from the role and the role is removed from these profile pages.
Because User2 was directly assigned to the Directory Admin role, User2 is still assigned to the Directory Admin role.