For your existing Workspace ONE Access deployment, if you deployed multiple 22.09.X virtual appliances in a cluster for failover or high availability, you upgrade the nodes one at a time to 23.09.
- Take snapshots of the database and the service nodes. See KB article 2032907, Managing snapshots in vSphere Web Client.
- Remove all nodes except one from the load balancer.
- Upgrade the node that is still connected to the load balancer.
- After the node is upgraded, leave it connected to the load balancer.
This ensures that the Workspace ONE Access service is available while you upgrade the other nodes.
- Upgrade the other nodes one at a time.
- After all the nodes are upgraded, add them back to the load balancer.