If you deployed multiple VMware Identity Manager virtual appliances in a cluster for failover or high availability, you can upgrade the nodes one at a time. Expect some downtime during upgrade and plan the timing of your upgrade accordingly.
- Take snapshots of the database and the VMware Identity Manager nodes.
- Remove all nodes except one from the load balancer.
- Upgrade the node that is still connected to the load balancer.
- After the node is upgraded, leave it connected to the load balancer.
This ensures that the VMware Identity Manager service is available while you upgrade the other nodes.
- Upgrade the other nodes one at a time.
- After all the nodes are upgraded, add them back to the load balancer.