After you upgrade the virtual appliance and reboot, a networking error occurs.
After you upgrade the appliance, the following error message appears.
NO NETWORKING DETECTED. PLEASE LOGIN AND RUN THE COMMAND /opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_config_net TO CONFIGURE THE NETWORK
- Roll back to the snapshot you created before upgrading the virtual appliance.
- Either log in to the virtual appliance as the root user or log in as the sshuser and run the su command to switch to super user.
- Navigate to the following directory.
- Back up the ifcfg-eth0 file to another directory.
- Upgrade the virtual appliance but do not restart it.
- Restore the ifcfg-eth0 file to the /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices directory.
- Restart the virtual appliance.