You can use the updateoffline.hzn script to perform an offline upgrade of the VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance. Download the offline upgrade package from the VMware Identity Manager product download page to use with the script.
The script verifies that the upgrade package matches the product. For example, if you are upgrading the VMware Identity Manager service virtual appliance and you use the connector upgrade package instead of the service upgrade package, the script results in an error.
- Locate the updateoffline.hzn script.
The script is available at the following path:
- To set the upgrade version to 3.3.2, run the following command.
/usr/local/horizon/update/configureupdate.hzn manifest --set-version 22.214.171.124
- Download the VMware Identity Manager offline upgrade package, identity-manager-126.96.36.199-15951611-updaterepo.zip, from the VMware Identity Manager product download page on my.vmware.com.
The recommended location for saving the file is /var/tmp.
- Run the updateoffline.hzn script as the root user and reboot after you upgrade.
/usr/local/horizon/update/updateoffline.hzn [-r] -f upgradeFilePath
For example, /usr/local/horizon/update/updateoffline.hzn -f /var/tmp/identity-manager-188.8.131.52-15951611-updaterepo.zip
-f upgradeFilePath Upgrade the appliance using upgradeFilePath. upgradeFilePath must be an absolute path. Required -r Reboot after upgrade. Optional -h Displays the script usage. Optional
- If the "The product RID matches so continue" prompt appears, press Enter to continue.
- If you did not use the -r option with the script, restart the virtual appliance after upgrade is complete.