When you upgrade from VMware Identity Manager 3.3.1 or 3.3.2 to version 3.3.3, you must specify 3.3.3 as the specific version to upgrade to.
- Ensure that you meet the prerequisites listed in Prerequisites for Online Upgrade.
- Verify that the virtual appliance is powered on and functioning.
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance as the root user.
- Run the following updatemgr.hzn command.
- To set the upgrade version to 3.3.3, run the correct version of the command, depending on which version of VMware Identity Manager you are upgrading from.
/usr/local/horizon/update/configureupdate.hzn manifest --set-version 22.214.171.124
/usr/local/horizon/update/configureupdate.hzn manifest --set-version 126.96.36.199
- To change the update URL to the 3.3.3 URL, run the following command.
/usr/local/horizon/update/configureupdate.hzn provider --url https://vapp-updates.vmware.com/vai-catalog/valm/vmw/5C08B358-F782-11E1-8F08-78776188709B/188.8.131.52
- To update the appliance, run the updatemgr.hzn script.
The script requires you to provide the password for the connector configuration export file and the location of the dualbootupdate file as parameters. Either, provide the information in the command using the appropriate options (
--file) or by running the command without options and entering the information when prompted.
clusterPasswordstring is a placeholder that you must replace with a password of your creation for the connector configuration file, cluster...enc.Note: During the upgrade, VMware Identity Manager generates the cluster-hostname-conn-timestamp.enc file. If applicable, use the file for each embedded-connector and external Linux-based connector instance that you migrate to a replacement external Windows-based connector instance. Migrating to a Windows-based connector instance is required for IWA and Kerberos use cases and recommended for better performance in all use cases.
--fileoption to provide the location of the dualbootupdate file, the default location of which is /dualbootupdate.tar.gz.
Messages that occur during the upgrade are saved to the update.log file at /opt/vmware/var/log/update.log.
- Restart the virtual appliance.
- Verify that the version of the upgraded appliance is 3.3.3.
vamicli version --applianceThe new version is displayed.
The upgrade is complete.