The VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance accesses the VMware update servers through the Internet. If your network configuration provides Internet access using an HTTP proxy, you must adjust the proxy settings for the appliance.
Enable your proxy to handle Internet traffic only. To ensure that the proxy is set up correctly, set the parameter for internal traffic to no-proxy within the domain.
- Verify that you have the root password for the virtual appliance.
- Verify that you have the proxy server information.
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance as the root user.
- To run the YaST utility, enter YaST on the command line.
- Select Network Services in the left pane, then select Proxy.
- Enter the proxy server URLs in the HTTP Proxy URL and HTTPS Proxy URL text boxes.
- Select Finish and exit the YaST utility.
- To use the new proxy settings, restart the Tomcat server on the VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance.
service horizon-workspace restart
The VMware update servers are now available to the VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance.