When you upgrade from VMware Identity Manager 3.3.1, 3.3.2, or 3.3.3 to version 3.3.4, you must specify 3.3.4 as the specific version to upgrade to.
- Ensure that you meet the prerequisites listed in Prerequisites for Online Upgrade.
- Verify that the virtual appliance is powered on and functioning.
- Log in to the VMware Identity Manager virtual appliance as the root user.
- Run the following updatemgr.hzn command.
- To set the upgrade version to 3.3.4, run the correct version of the command, depending on which version of VMware Identity Manager you are upgrading from.
/usr/local/horizon/update/configureupdate.hzn manifest --set-version 184.108.40.206
or/usr/local/horizon/update/configureupdate.hzn manifest --set-version 220.127.116.11
/usr/local/horizon/update/configureupdate.hzn manifest --set-version 18.104.22.168
- To change the update URL to the 3.3.4 URL, run the following command.
/usr/local/horizon/update/configureupdate.hzn provider --url https://vapp-updates.vmware.com/vai-catalog/valm/vmw/5C08B358-F782-11E1-8F08-78776188709B/22.214.171.124
- To update the appliance, run the updatemgr.hzn script.
/usr/local/horizon/update/updatemgr.hzn updateIf your are upgrading from 3.3.1 or 3.3.2, the script requires you to provide the location of the dualbootupdate file as a parameter. Either, provide the file location in the command using the --file option or by running the command without the option and entering the information when prompted.Note: The upgrade process uses the dualbootupdate.tar.gz file when migrating the operating system from SLES to Photon. VMware Identity Manager 3.3.3 already uses Photon, but 3.3.1 and 3.3.2 do not. Therefore, you only need to include the location of the dualbootupdate file as a parameter when upgrading from 3.3.1 or 3.3.2.
--fileoption to provide the location of the dualbootupdate file, which includes the Photon operating system and its packages. The default location is /dualbootupdate.tar.gz.
Messages that occur during the upgrade are saved to the update.log file at /opt/vmware/var/log/update.log.
- Restart the virtual appliance.
- Verify that the version of the upgraded appliance is 3.3.4.
vamicli version --applianceThe new version is displayed.
The upgrade is complete.