Application-level events from the service can be exported to an external syslog server. Operating system events are not exported.
Since most companies do not have unlimited disk space, the virtual appliance does not save the complete logging history. If you want to save more history or create a centralized location for your logging history, you can set up an external syslog server.
If you did not configure a syslog server during the initial configuration, you can configure it later from the Configure Syslog page in the connector appliance admin pages.
- Set up an external syslog server. You can use any of the standard syslog servers available. Several syslog servers include advanced search capabilities.
- Ensure that the connector can reach the syslog server on port 514 (UDP).
- Log in to the connector appliance admin pages at https://connectorFQDN:8443/cfg as the admin user.
- Select Configure Syslog in the left pane.
- Click Enable.
- Enter the IP address or the FQDN of the syslog server where you want to store the logs.
- Click Save.