After you deploy the connector virtual appliance, set up a directory in the VMware Identity Manager console. You can sync users and groups from your enterprise directory to the VMware Identity Manager service.
VMware Identity Manager supports integrating the following types of directories.
- Active Directory over LDAP
- Active Directory, Integrated Windows Authentication
- LDAP directory
See Directory Integration with VMware Identity Manager for more information.
- Click the link on the Setup is Complete page, which is displayed after you activate the connector.
Thetab is displayed.
- Click Add Directory and select the type of directory you want to add.
- Follow the wizard to enter the directory configuration information, select groups and users to sync, and sync users to the VMware Identity Manager service.
See Directory Integration with VMware Identity Manager for information on how to set up a directory.
What to do next
Click the Users & Groups tab and verify that users have been synced.