While setting up Horizon pods, ensure that you meet the requirements for the VMware Identity Manager integration.
- Deploy Horizon Connection Servers on the default port 443 or on a custom port.
- Verify that you have a DNS entry and an IP address that can be resolved during reverse lookup for each Horizon Connection Server in your setup. VMware Identity Manager requires reverse lookup for the Horizon Connection Servers, Horizon Security Server, and the load balancer. If reverse lookup is not properly configured, the VMware Identity Manager integration with Horizon fails.
- Deploy and configure Horizon pools and desktops with entitlements set for Active Directory users and groups. Ensure that users have the correct entitlements.
- While configuring desktop pools, ensure that in Remote Settings, you set the Automatically log off after disconnect option to 1 or 2 minutes instead of immediately.
- Ensure that you create pools in the root folder of the Horizon server. If you create pools in a folder other than the root folder, VMware Identity Manager cannot query those Horizon pools and entitlements.
- Extending the SAML metadata expiration period to 90 days on the Horizon Connection Servers is recommended. See Change the Expiration Period for Service Provider Metadata on View Connection Server for information.