After the connector OVA is deployed and installed, you run the Setup wizard to activate the appliance and configure the administrator passwords.
- You have the activation code for the new connector. See Generate Activation Code for Connector.
- Ensure the connector appliance is powered on and you know the connector URL.
- Collect a list of passwords to use for the connector administrator, root account, and sshuser account.
- To run the Setup wizard, enter the connector URL that was displayed in the Console tab after the OVA was deployed.
- On the Welcome Page, click Continue.
- Create strong passwords for the following connector virtual appliance administrator accounts.
Strong passwords should be at least eight characters long and include uppercase and lowercase characters and at least one digit or special character.
Option Description Appliance Administrator Create the appliance administrator password. The user name is admin and cannot be changed. You use this account and password to log into the connector services to manage certificates, appliance passwords and syslog configuration.Important: The admin user password must be at least 6 characters in length. Root Account A default VMware root password was used to install the connector appliance. Create a new root password. sshuser Account Create the password to use for remote access to the connector appliance.
- Click Continue.
- On the Activate Connector page, paste the activation code and click Continue.
The activation code is verified and the communication between the service and the connector instance is established.
The connector configuration is complete.
What to do next
In the service, set up your environment based on your needs. For example, if you added an additional connector because you want to sync two Integrated Windows Authentication directories, create the directory and associate it with the new connector.
Configure SSL certificates for the connector. See Using SSL Certificates.