You configure the Workspace ONE Access settings in the Workspace ONE UEM console to establish a connection between your organization group instance of the Workspace ONE UEM directory and Workspace ONE Access. This connection is used to sync users and groups to a directory created in the Workspace ONE Access service.
You initially manually sync users and groups to the Workspace ONE Access directory. After the initial sync, the Workspace ONE UEM sync schedule determines when users and groups are synced with the Workspace ONE Access directory.
When you add or delete a user or a group on the Workspace ONE UEM server, the change is reflected on the Workspace ONE Access service immediately.
- Workspace ONE Access local admin name and password.
- Identify attribute values to map from the Workspace ONE UEM directory. See Managing User Attributes Mapping.
- In the Workspace ONE UEM console, Groups & Settings, All Settings page, select your organization group and navigate to > .
- In the Server section, click Configure.
Note: The Configure button is only available when the Directory Service is also configured for the same organization group. If the Configure button is not visible, you are not in the correct organization group. You can change the organization group in the Global drop-down menu.
- Enter the Workspace ONE Access settings.
Option Description URL Enter your tenant VMware URL. For example,
Admin user name Enter the Workspace ONE Access local admin user name. Admin Password Enter the Workspace ONE Access local admin user's password.
- Click Next.
- Enable custom mapping to configure the user attributes mapping from Workspace ONE UEM to the Workspace ONE Access service.
- Click Test Connection to verify that the settings are correct.
- Click Sync Now to manually sync all users and groups to Workspace ONE Access service.
Note: To control the system load, manual sync can only be performed four hours after a previous sync.
A directory is created in the Workspace ONE Access service and the Workspace ONE UEM users and groups are synced to a directory in Workspace ONE Access.
What to do next
Review the Users and Groups page in the Workspace ONE Access console to verify that the user and group names are synced.