Ensure that you meet the requirements before you begin the Workspace ONE and Okta integration. Requirements include installing components and setting up some integrations before integrating Workspace ONE and Okta.
The following components are required.
- A Workspace ONE Access tenant
Role required: System administrator
- An Okta tenant
Role required: Super or Org Administrator
- A Workspace ONE® UEM tenant
Workspace ONE UEM (formerly AirWatch) is required only if you want to configure mobile SSO and device trust flows.
- Workspace ONE Access connector
- Okta AD Agent
- VMware AirWatch® Cloud Connector™ (ACC)
ACC is required only if you use Workspace ONE UEM.
Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE Access Integration
Before integrating Workspace ONE and Okta, integrate your Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE Access tenants and configure the mobile SSO authentication methods that you intend to use for device trust.
Active Directory Integration
Before integrating Workspace ONE and Okta, integrate your Active Directory and sync users. You must integrate Active Directory with:
- Workspace ONE Access using Workspace ONE Access connector
- Workspace ONE UEM using AirWatch Cloud Connector (ACC)
This is required only if you use Workspace ONE UEM.
- Your Okta org using the Okta AD Agent
Ensure that you sync the same users to all the environments.