When new versions of Workspace ONE Access Desktop are released, you copy and install the zip file from the VMware Downloads page to each Workspace ONE Access virtual appliance in your deployment. You run the check-client-updates.pl command to deploy the installer files and restart the Tomcat service on each virtual appliance.
- Users must have administrator privileges on their computers to install and automatically update the Workspace ONE Access Desktop application. If users do not have administrator privileges, you can use software distribution tools to distribute and update the application to your users.
- Schedule adding these installer files to the Workspace ONE Access virtual appliances during a maintenance window since the virtual appliance is restarted and this might interrupt user access.
- Download the Workspace ONE Access Desktop zip file from the VMware Customer Connect Downloads page to a computer that can access the Workspace ONE Access virtual appliance.
- Copy the zip file to a temporary location in the virtual appliance. For example:
scp filen.n.n-nnnnnnn.zip root@WorkspaceONEAccess-va.com:/tmp/
- Log in to the virtual appliance as the root user.
- Unzip and install the new zip file to the Downloads directory.
/usr/local/horizon/scripts/ check-client-updates.pl --install --clientfile /tmp/ file.n.n.n-nnnnn.zip
This script automatically unzips the file and copies the Workspace ONE Access Desktop installer file for the Windows computers to the /opt/vmware/horizon/workspace/webapps/ROOT/client directory. It automatically updates to the /opt/vmware/horizon/workspace/webapps/ROOT/client/cds directory, and updates the URL parameter value for the downloads link.
- Restart the Tomcat service on the virtual appliance.
- Repeat these steps for each Workspace ONE Access virtual appliance in your environment.
Users can download the Workspace ONE Access Desktop application from their Workspace ONE Access accounts or via the download link, https:// WorkspaceONEAccessFQDN/download. Users' Workspace ONE Access Desktop applications are automatically updated when they download the new version.