To configure NetScaler Gateway in Workspace ONE Access, specify a Secure Ticket Authority (STA) server for each XenApp farm in your Citrix deployment. The STA server is used to generate and validate STA tickets during the application or desktop launch process.
When a user launches a Citrix application or desktop, Workspace ONE Access obtains a ticket from the STA server. The ticket is presented to NetScaler Gateway, along with other information, and NetScaler Gateway validates the ticket with the STA server before establishing a secure connection to the XenApp farm.
- Obtain the STA server information for each XenApp farm. See Obtain the STA Server URL for the NetScaler Gateway.
- In the Workspace ONE Access console, select the tab.
- Click the collection for which you want to specify an STA server, then click Edit.
- In the Edit Citrix XenApp Collection wizard, click Server Farm in the left pane.
- Click the server farm to edit.
- Scroll down to the STA Server section and click Add STA Server.
- Enter the STA server URL in the following format:
For example: http://staserver.example.com:80
Only alphanumeric characters, period (.), and hyphen (-), are allowed in the URL.
- Add additional STA servers, if necessary, by clicking Add STA Server.
Your deployment may include a second STA server for failover purposes, for example.
- If you added multiple STA servers, arrange them in failover order by clicking the handle at the left of each row and dragging the row to the desired position.
- Click Save.
- If there are multiple XenApp farms in your deployment, repeat these steps to specify an STA server for each farm.
What to do next
Configure policies for specific network IP ranges that specify that launch traffic should be routed through NetScaler Gateway to the XenApp server.