If you want to enable the VMware ThinApp management capabilities of Workspace ONE Access and allow users to access ThinApp packages from the catalog, you must create a network share and store the ThinApp packages in that network share folder.
Workspace ONE Access obtains the metadata it needs about the ThinApp packages from the network file share.
- Verify that the ThinApp packages meet Workspace ONE Access requirements.
- Verify that you have the appropriate access and permissions to create a network file share in your IT environment that meets Workspace ONE Access requirements for ThinApp packages.
- Create a network share that meets the Workspace ONE Access requirements for ThinApp packages.
- In the network share, create a network share subfolder for each ThinApp package.
Typically, you name the subfolder to match the name of the ThinApp application, or indicate what application is in the folder. For example, if the network share is named appshare on a host named server, and the application is called abceditor, the subfolder for the ThinApp package is \\server\appshare\abceditor.Note: Do not use non-ASCII characters when you create your network share subfolder names for ThinApp packages to distribute by using Workspace ONE Access. Non-ASCII characters are not supported.
- For each ThinApp package, copy its files, such as its EXE and DAT files, to the subfolder that is named for that package's virtualized application.
After copying the files, you have a set of subfolders and files that are similar to these files:
What to do next
Configure Workspace ONE Access access to the ThinApp packages.