After you integrate ThinApp packages with Workspace ONE Access, you can entitle users and groups to the Windows applications that are captured as ThinApp packages.
You can only entitle Workspace ONE Access users, users who are imported from your directory server, to ThinApp packages. When you entitle a user to a ThinApp package, the user sees the application and can start it from the Workspace ONE Access Desktop application on their system. If you remove the entitlement, the user cannot see or start the application.
Often, the most effective way to entitle users to ThinApp packages is to add a ThinApp package entitlement to a group of users. In certain situations entitling individual users to a ThinApp package is more appropriate.
Set up a virtual apps collection for ThinApp packages from the Workspace ONE Access. When the ThinApp packages are synced to your catalog, you can entitle them to your users and groups.page. After you create the collection, sync the ThinApp packages to
- Log in to the Workspace ONE Access console.
- Entitle users to a ThinApp package.
Option Description Access a ThinApp package and entitle users or groups to it.
- Click the tab.
- (Optional) Click the icon in the Type column heading and select ThinApp Package to view all ThinApp packages. You can also search for a ThinApp package by name.
- Click the package.
- Click Assign.
- Select users and groups by typing the name in the search box and selecting from the results.
- Select the deployment type for each user and group.
Regardless of whether you select User Activated or Automatic, the application is added to the Apps page in the Intelligent Hub portal or app. Users can run the application from the Apps page or mark it as favorite and run it from the Favorites page. However, if you want to set up an approval flow for the application, select User Activated.
- Click Save.
Access a user or group and add ThinApp package entitlements to that user or group.
- Click the Users & Groups tab.
- Click the Users tab or the Groups tab.
- Click the name of an individual user or group.
- Click the Apps tab, then click Add Entitlement.
- In the Application Type drop-down list, select ThinApp Packages.
- Select the check boxes next to the ThinApp packages to which to entitle the user or group.
- In the DEPLOYMENT column, select the activation method for the ThinApp package.
Regardless of whether you select User Activated or Automatic, the application is added to the Apps tab in the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app and portal. Users can run the application from the Apps page or mark it as a favorite to run it from the Favorites tab. However, if you want to set up an approval flow for the application, select User Activated.
- Click Save.
The selected users or groups are now entitled to use the ThinApp package.
What to do next
Verify that the Workspace ONE Access Desktop application is installed on users' Windows systems.