After you integrate ThinApp packages with Workspace ONE Access, you can assign the Windows applications that are captured as ThinApp packages to users and groups.
You can only assign ThinApp packages to Workspace ONE Access users who are synced from your directory server. When you assign a ThinApp package to a user, the user sees the application and can start it from the Workspace ONE Access Desktop application on their system. If you remove the assignment, the user cannot see or start the application.
Often, the most effective way to assign ThinApp packages to users is to assign the packages to a group of users.
Create a ThinApp virtual apps collection from the Workspace ONE Access. After the ThinApp packages sync to your catalog, you can assign them to your users and groups.page. After you create the collection, sync the ThinApp packages to
- Log in to the Workspace ONE Access console.
- Assign a ThinApp package to users.
Option Description Access a ThinApp package and assign it to users or groups.
- Select .
- (Optional) Click the icon in the Type column heading and select ThinApp Package to view only ThinApp packages. You can also search for a ThinApp package by name.
- Select the package and click Assign.
- Select users and groups by typing the name in the search box and selecting from the results.
- Select the deployment type for each user and group.
Regardless of whether you select User Activated or Automatic, the application is added to the Apps page in the Intelligent Hub app and portal. Users can run the resources from the Apps tab or mark them as favorites and run them from the Favorites tab. However, if you want to set up an approval flow for the application, select User Activated.
- Click Save.
Access a user or group and add ThinApp package assignments to that user or group.
- To assign ThinApp packages to a user, select .
- To assign ThinApp packages to a group, select .
- Click the name of an individual user or group.
- Select the Applications tab, then click Assign.
- Click in the search box, and either type the ThinApp package name or select the package from the list.
- Click Save.
The selected users and groups can now use the ThinApp package.
What to do next
Verify that the Workspace ONE Access Desktop application is installed on users' Windows systems.