Use the Migration wizard to migrate existing resource configurations from the Manage Desktop Applications user interface available in previous releases to virtual apps collections in Workspace ONE Access 19.03.
- Upgrade all VMware Workspace ONE Access service instances to version 3.1 or later and all connector instances to version 2017.12.1.0 or later.
- The Super Admin role is required for initial access to the Virtual Apps Collections page and for performing the migration. See About Workspace ONE Access Virtual Apps Collections for more information.
- In the VMware Workspace ONE Access console, select the tab.
- Review the information and click Get Started.
The Migration wizard appears and displays all existing resource configurations. Note that the Migration wizard appears only if your old installation had resources configured.
- In the Migration wizard, for each resource type, select the connector worker that was used for the configuration in the old installation.
The drop-down menu for each resource type lists only the connectors that had that resource configured.If the resource was configured on multiple connectors for high availability, all the connectors appear in the list. The Syncing Automatically or Syncing Manually label indicates whether a sync schedule was set for the resource on that connector or whether it was set to manual sync. Select the connector that has the Syncing Automatically label. This is also the default selection in each list.Caution: Ensure that you make a selection for all the existing configurations. The Migration wizard can be used only once to migrate all the resources at the same time. After it is run once, it will no longer be available.
- Click Migrate.
In a hosted environment, the migration process might take some time.
To access the Virtual Apps Collections page at any time, select thetab.
For troubleshooting information on virtual apps collections, view both the connector log file, connector.log, and the service log file, horizon.log. On Linux virtual appliances, the log files are in the /opt/vmware/horizon/workspace/logs directory. On Windows servers, the log files are in the install_dir\IDMConnector_or_VMwareIdentityManager\opt\vmware\horizon\workspace\logs directory.
What to do next
- Only one connector, the one you selected in the Migration wizard, is added to each new virtual apps collection. If you had set up a connector cluster for high availability, edit the collections and add the other connectors.
- A single virtual apps collection is created for each migrated configuration. For large integrations, with many servers and apps, consider splitting the collection into multiple collections for easier management and faster sync. The virtual apps collection feature allows you to create multiple collections for each type of integration except ThinApp integrations.