To deploy the Workspace ONE Access Desktop application to multiple Windows systems and have the same configuration settings applied to all of those systems, you can implement a script that installs theWorkspace ONE Access Desktop application using the command-line installation options.
- Verify that the Windows systems are running Windows operating systems that are supported for the version of the Workspace ONE Access Desktop application you are installing. See the release notes.
- Verify that the Windows systems have supported browsers installed.
- If you want the ability to run a command to familiarize yourself with the available options before you create the deployment script, verify that you have a Windows system on which you can run that command. The command to list the options is only available on a Windows system. See Command-Line Installer Options for Workspace ONE Access Desktop.
- Obtain the Workspace ONE Access Desktop installer's executable file and locate that executable file on the system from which you want to silently run the installer.
One method for obtaining the executable file is to download it using the your Workspace ONE Access system's download page. If you have set up your Workspace ONE Access system to provide the Windows application installer from the download page, you can download the executable file by opening the download page's URL in a browser.
- Using the installer's command-line options, create a deployment script that fits the needs of your organization.
Examples of scripts you can use are Active Directory group policy scripts, login scripts, VB scripts, batch files, SCCM, and so on.For example, if your Workspace ONE Access instance has a URL of https:// identitymanagerFQDN, you want to silently install the Windows client to Windows systems that you expect will be used off the domain, with the ThinApp deployment mode set to download mode, and have the Workspace ONE Access Desktop application sync with the server every 60 seconds, you would create a script that invokes the following command:
VMware-Identity-Manager-Desktop-n.n.n-nnnnnnn.exe /s /v /qn WORKSPACE_SERVER="https://identitymanagerFQDN" INSTALL_MODE=HTTP_DOWNLOAD POLLING_INTERVAL=60where you replace the n.n.n-nnnnnnn portion of the file name to match that of your downloaded file.
- Run the deployment script against the Windows systems.
If the silent installation is successful, the Workspace ONE Access Desktop application is deployed to the Windows systems. Users logged in to those Windows systems can access their entitled assets from those systems.
What to do next
Verify that Workspace ONE Access Desktop is properly installed on the Windows systems by trying some of the typical user tasks.