To ensure that Workspace ONE Access automatically uses the updated ThinApp package in place of the current one, the updated ThinApp package must be created using the AppID of the currently managed ThinApp package and a higher VersionID value than the current version.
When the Setup Capture process is used to create an updated ThinApp package, the AppID value is automatically retrieved by the Setup Capture program from the existing ThinApp package's executables, and the VersionID value is automatically incremented. However, the person who is creating the updated ThinApp package might use a different method for creating the updated package. When the Setup Capture process is not used to create the updated ThinApp package, the person creating the package must obtain the AppID and VersionID values for the ThinApp package that is currently managed by Workspace ONE Access. The AppID and VersionID values are displayed on pages in the ThinApp package's resource page in the Workspace ONE Access console.
- In the Workspace ONE Access console, click the tab.
- (Optional) Click the icon in the Type column heading and search for the package by name or select ThinApp Package to view all ThinApp packages.
- Click the ThinApp package.
- Make note of the following values.
- The Version value in the Definition section of the page.
- The AppID value listed in the GUID column in the ThinApp Package section.
The value listed in the GUID column is the value that Workspace ONE Access uses to identify this ThinApp package.
What to do next
To create the updated ThinApp package, complete the steps in Create the Updated ThinApp Package.