You can integrate Web apps and Virtual Apps with VMware Workspace ONE® Access™ (formerly known as VMware Identity Manager™) to make these apps and desktops available to end users in the VMware Workspace ONE® Intelligent Hub app and portal. Workspace ONE Access provides multi-factor authentication, conditional access, and single sign-on to the apps.
You can integrate the following types of resources with Workspace ONE Access:
- Web apps
- Virtual apps
- VMware Horizon® applications and desktops
- Citrix-published resources
- VMware Horizon® Cloud Service™ applications and desktops
See Providing Access to VMware Horizon Cloud Service Desktops and Applications in Workspace ONE Access for information on the types of Horizon Cloud Service environments supported.
- VMware ThinApp® packaged applications
Except for Web applications, each resource type requires you to integrate Workspace ONE Access with another product or component.
You integrate these resources from the Resources tab in the Workspace ONE Access console.
- To integrate Web applications, you use the
When the New Navigation toggle is turned off, you can find the Web Apps page under the Catalog tab.
- To integrate and manage Horizon desktops and applications, Citrix-published resources, or ThinApp packaged applications, you use the
You configure the integrations in thepage.
You view the synced resources in thepage.
When the New Navigation toggle is turned off, you can find the Virtual Apps Collections and Virtual Apps pages under the Catalog tab.
- To integrate with the Horizon Cloud Service, you either configure the integration from the Horizon Cloud console or configure virtual apps collections in Workspace ONE Access, based on the type of Horizon Cloud environment that you have.
You can manage settings for integrated resources from the following pages.
- Settings for Web applications are available from the Settings button on the page.
- Settings for Horizon, Horizon Cloud, ThinApp, and Citrix-published resources are available from the Settings button on the tab.
- Launcher preference settings for virtual apps are available on the
When the New Navigation toggle is turned off, you can find the launcher preference settings on the page.
- Global settings for the Intelligent Hub app catalog are available from the pages.
- You can also manage settings for individual applications by clicking the application in the Edit. or page and clicking
Navigating in the New Admin Console
Beginning with the April 2022 release of Workspace ONE Access Cloud and with version 22.09 of Workspace ONE Access on premises, the Workspace ONE Access admin console is redesigned for better navigation to key settings.
(Cloud only) To start using the new console, use the New Navigation toggle in the admin console header to quickly switch to the new user interface. You can use the toggle to switch back at any time.
|Page||Location in New Console||Location in Old Console|
|Web Apps||Resources > Web Apps||Catalog > Web Apps|
|Virtual Apps Collections||Resources > Virtual Apps Collections||Catalog > Virtual Apps Collections|
|Virtual Apps||Resources > Virtual Apps||Catalog > Virtual Apps|
|Global Launcher Preferences||Resources > Global Launcher Preferences||Catalog > Settings > Global Settings|
|Policies||Resources > Policies||Identity & Access Management > Manage > Policies|
|Connectors||Integrations > Connectors||Identity & Access Management > Setup > Connectors|
|Directories||Integrations > Directories||Identity & Access Management > Manage > Directories|
|User Attributes||Settings > User Attributes||Identity & Access Management > Setup > User Attributes|
This publication shows you how to configure features with the new navigation. To see information about how to configure features using the old navigation, go to the Workspace ONE Access Cloud > Legacy Admin Console-Based Documents folder in the Workspace ONE Access documentation center. Note that the legacy documents will not be updated with new features after April 2022.
About Workspace ONE App and Web Portal End-of-Life
About this Publication
This publication is based on the latest available version of the Workspace ONE Access connector.