For each policy rule you create in the Workspace ONE Access console, you can create a custom access denied error message that displays when users attempt to sign in and fail because their credentials are invalid.
The custom message can include a message and a link to another URL to help users resolve their issues. The text if formatted in HTML. You can use up to 4000 characters, which are about 650 words.
- In the Workspace ONE Access console Identity & Access Management tab, select .
- Select the access policy to edit.
- Click Edit and then Next.
- Select the rule to edit.
- Click Advanced Properties and in the Custom Error Message text box, use HTML elements to type the error message. Do not enter the HTML structural tags. The following is an example of how to enter the error message in the text box.
<p>Ensure your mobile device is enrolled in your company Mobile Device Management (MDM).</p>
<ul style="text-align:left; list-style-type: disc;margin: 20px 18px; height: 300px">
<li>To download MDM, visit the Mobile Device Management Activation page.</li>
<li>If you do not wish to download MDM, this hub can be accessed from a desktop using Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari.</li>
- To add a link to a URL, in the Custom Error Link text box enter the message to display as the link that sends users to another screen when authentication fails.
The link is displayed at the end of the custom message. If you do not add a message in the Link text box but add a URL, the link that displays is
- In the Custom Error Link URL text box, enter the URL.
- Click Save and then click Next and click Save again.
What to do next
Create custom error messages for other policy rules.