A directory of type Other can be converted to a directory of type Active Directory over LDAP or Active Directory over Integrated Windows Authentication. Use this feature if you are a Workspace ONE customer who has deployed Active Directory synchronization with Workspace ONE Access using AirWatch Cloud Connector (ACC) and want to take advantage of the additional functionality included with the Workspace ONE Access connector. This one-time migration procedure converts the ACC directory of type Other to a directory of type Active Directory over LDAP or Active Directory over Integrated Windows Authentication, which are associated with the Workspace ONE Access connector. This procedure does not remove the existing directory or any entitlements associated with it.
Converting the Other directory for this use case includes the following tasks.
- Install the Directory Sync service and the User Auth service components of the Workspace ONE Access connector, version 20.01.0.0 or later.
- Convert the Other Directory to Active Directory over LDAP or Active Directory over Integrated Windows Authentication.
- Configure additional authentication methods for the directory, if necessary. The Password (cloud deployment) authentication method is available by default when you install and select the User Auth service in addition to the Directory Sync service.
- Edit the default policy and any custom policies to use Password (cloud deployment) instead of Password (AirWatch Connector).
- Stop user and group sync from Workspace ONE UEM to the Workspace ONE Access directory.