After you review and set global user attributes, create the local directory in Workspace ONE Access.
- In the Workspace ONE Access console, click the Identity & Access Management tab, then click the Directories tab
- Click Add Directory and select Add Local User Directory from the drop-down menu.
- In the Add Directory page, enter a directory name and specify at least one domain name.
The domain name must be unique across all directories in the service.
- Click Save.
- In the Directories page, click the new directory.
- Click the User Attributes tab.
All the attributes from the Identity & Access Management > Setup > User Attributes page are listed for the local directory. Attributes that are marked required on that page are listed as required in the local directory page too.
- Customize the attributes for the local directory.
You can specify which attributes are required and which attributes are optional. You can also change the order in which the attributes appear.Important: The attributes userName, firstName, lastName, and email are always required for local directories.
If an attribute is required, when you create a user you must specify a value for the attribute.For example:
- To make an attribute required, select the check box next to the attribute name.
- To make an attribute optional, deselect the check box next to the attribute name.
- To change the order of the attributes, click and drag the attribute to the new position.
- Click Save.
What to do next
Associate the local directory with the identity provider you want to use to authenticate users in the directory.