To use the Hub Services People component in Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub, you enable the People Search feature in Workspace ONE Access. To set up the feature, you map the Active Directory attributes that are required to retrieve information about employees, including profile pictures and management hierarchy in the Workspace ONE Access console.
A list of the Active Directory attributes that must sync to the directory to create the searchable user profiles and organizational hierarchy. The attributes that are required to be mapped are title, managerDN, and distinguishedName. The organizational hierarchy and direct reports information in the People Search results is based on the managerDN attribute. See the Directory Integration Workspace ONE Access guide on the Workspace ONE Access documentation page.
The attributes that can be mapped are listed in the People Search attributes table. To sync the user's image to the directory, the Active Directory attribute thumbnailPhoto must be pre-populated with the user's thumbnail photo. To make sure that the photo is viewed correctly in People Search results, make sure that the thumbnail photo image is square and that the minimum image size is 240 px x 240 px.
|Attributes that can be configured for Workspace ONE People Search|
When you do not want user names to appear in People Search, set attribute msExchHideFromAddressLists in your Active Directory and map that attribute to msExchHideFromAddressLists in the Workspace ONE Access directory.
- User accounts with the msExchHideFromAddressLists value set to TRUE do not appear in People Search.
- User accounts, with msExchHideFromAddressLists set to FALSE or if the attribute value is empty, appear in People Search.
- In the Workspace ONE Access console Catalog tab, select
- Select Enable People Search and click Next.
- In the page that displays, select the directory to configure for People Search.
- Review the attribute list and select attributes to reflect which attributes to map to the Active Directory attributes and click Next.
To sync the photo profiles from the thumbnailPhoto attribute in the Active Directory, select the imageURL attribute.
- Map the attribute names listed to the Active Directory attributes.
- If the Workspace ONE Access service is not already configured to sync all users, specify the DN to sync all users. For example, enter CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com.
To use the People service successfully, sync all users in your organization to the directory.The directory sync profile you configured is added to the Directory > Sync Settings > Users sync list.
- Click Save and Sync.
The Active Directory mapped attributes for People are synced to the directory.