The Workspace ONE Assist agent logs can be retrieved by the VMware technical support team for analyzing and troubleshooting any issues with remote control.
To collect the Assist agent logs, the help desk admin must request the end user to perform the following steps:
- Launch the Workspace ONE Assist for Horizon agent UI application.
- Click the Settings icon and select Troubleshoot from the menu.
- To enable Debug Logging, toggle the button.
When the Debug Logging option is enabled, the application captures all the log information in Verbose mode. When it is disabled, the application captures only the error information.
- Click Collect Logs to archive the log information and event logger file. A message is displayed stating where the log files are stored.
The files are stored in the following format:
Note: For information about collectiong logs for VMware Horizon agent, see the knowledge base article, Collecting VMware Horizon View (vdm) log bundles.
- Assist for Horizon_eventlogfile_<machine name>_<time_stamp>.evtx (Event log contains system's application event log information only).
- Assist for Horizon_logfiles_<machine name>_<time_stamp>.zip (Archives last 7 days of log files information ).