VMware Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub for macOS | 28 January 2020
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
- No new features to report. See the Resolved Issues section.
- Support for Munki 4.0 and Python 3 - The embedded version of Munki is upgraded to Munki 4.0 Release Candidate 1 in the 19.12 version as the Python 2.7 version has reached EOL on January 1, 2020. This eliminates the dependency on the Python version that Apple ships and now includes its own copy of Python version 3.7.4. The 19.12.1 version of the Intelligent Hub upgrades Munki from 4.0 Release Candidate 1 to 4.0 GA.
- Support for Workspace ONE Assist 5.3 – This release provides official integration support for Workspace ONE Assist 5.3 for macOS for screen sharing, remote shell, or file management.
- For more information, see Assist 5.3 release notes here.
- Urgent (P1) Notifications – Through Hub Services, administrators can send out notifications to devices running Intelligent Hub. A notification marked as Urgent can be used to alert users of important messages that require their immediate attention. In version 19.12, these urgent notifications appear as a pop-up in the form of a card which blocks access to the app. The card will overlay on any screen within the app when the user is authenticated and is dismissed only when a specific action or acknowledgment is performed. This feature is expected to be used sparingly and with the explicit understanding that the end-users will be unable to interact with other Hub features until they action the urgent notification.
- Mobile Flows Notifications – This version adds the ability for an end-user to review and modify their preferences for their Mobile Flows Notifications (that is, Coupa, Concur, Workday, and so on). End users will have the ability to toggle on and off the notifications for individual connectors configured by their company’s administrator. These settings can be found in Preferences (⌘ + ,) > Notifications.
- If re-authentication is required, a web view will drop down for the end-user to enter their credentials for the associated Mobile Flows connector service.
Note: Changing these settings will apply to all devices the user is signed in to Intelligent Hub.
- Introduction of Hub Preferences window – This release brings a new Preferences window for Intelligent Hub. It can be accessed through macOS Menu Bar > Intelligent Hub > Preferences or with easy keyboard shortcut command-comma (⌘,). These preferences will grow over time, but for this release, it will include the ability to toggle on or off the Hub menu bar icon and includes controls to manage system push notifications or Mobile Flows Notifications.
- Support for munki 4.0 RC1 and Python 3 – Due to Python 2.7’s upcoming EOL on January 1st, 2020, the embedded version of munki has been upgraded to munki 4.0 Release Candidate 1, which removes the dependency on Apple’s shipped Python, and includes its own copy of Python 3.7.4.
- HUBM-1147 - Phase 2 improvements to Hub logging. For more information, see KB here - https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/75326.
- HUBM-931 - Ability to request profile information or installation through hubcli. See sudo hubcli profiles --help for more information.
- HUBM-1147 - Phase 1 of Spotlight integration for App Catalog. In this version, Web Apps can be previewed and launched from Spotlight.
- Enhanced the UI of the App Catalog Installation Monitor tray.
- macOS version 10.12 or later is required to install Intelligent Hub version 20.01.
- Workspace ONE UEM 1904 or later for the support of Hub Services features.
- Workspace ONE UEM 1907 or later for macOS version 10.14 or later Privacy Preferences (or use the appropriate Privacy Preferences payload). For more information on Privacy Preferences, see My Workspace ONE.
- Workspace ONE UEM 1910 or later for the support of hubcli profiles feature introduced in 19.10.
- The Intelligent Hub is backward compatible for existing features on older servers.
- If your device has a previous version of the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub installed and enrolled to the Workspace ONE UEM 2001, then the application seamlessly updates over the existing Intelligent Hub application version without disrupting the functionality.
- Automatic Updates must be enabled (default) in the UEM Console at Settings > Devices & Users > Apple > Apple macOS > Intelligent Hub Settings.
- Note: The Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub version 20.01 is seeded in the UEM 2001 release, which will be rolled out to the shared SaaS customers automatically. The Dedicated SaaS and On-Premise customers will require console updates to the Workspace ONE UEM 2001 to receive the seeded Hub version 20.01 build. On-Premise customers can alternatively manually seed the version 20.01 onto their UEM server. The seed files are available on the Resource Portal.
- If your devices does not have a previous version of the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub installed or enrolled to the Workspace ONE UEM 2001, then the direct end users can download the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub from the GetWSOne.com.
The resolved issues are grouped as follows.
- Resolved Issues for 20.01
- Resolved Issues for 19.12
- Resolved Issues for 19.10
- Resolved Issues for 19.09
HUBM-1042 - When you run the hubcli from an unenrolled device, the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub might crash.
HUBM-1042 - The Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub Privacy disclosure screen incorrectly shows the Location Services even when the location gathering is disabled.
HUBM-1701 - Edits to the macOS applications in the Workspace ONE UEM console are not reflected in the Hub munki catalog.
HUBM-1742 - Inconsistent notification badge behaviour for Urgent (P1) notifications.
HUBM-1793 - Notification badge count sometimes does not get cleared after viewing notifications.
HUBM-1809 - Disabling push notifications from Hub preferences did not block some notification types.
HUBM-1882 - The Intelligent Hub sometimes reports two different versions of the same application as part of the application samples.
HUBM-1905 - The hubd crashes on macOS 10.14.6 while sending or collecting logs using the hubcli.
HUBM-1906 - The Hub incorrectly shows the status as ‘Update’ when an app was previously installed, and same version of the app is pushed as an OnDemand app.
HUBM-1287 - Apps listed in Hub Catalog show incorrect file sizes
HUBM-1292 - Hub Account Screen does not update enrolled user details after Staging User switch
HUBM-1495 - Hub Notifications sometimes do not show in pending tab, but the icon is badged
HUBM-1564 - On smaller screen resolutions, the Enrolled Server URL is truncated on the Account screen
HUBM-1566 - Intermittent upgrade issue preventing Hub upgrade from 19.04 to latest version
HUBM-1572 - Apps not available from Spotlight immediately after enrolment
HUBM-1608 - Hub logs repeatedly show "Failed to retrieve enrolled user name" but without functional impact
HUBM-1618 - Intermittent issue causing Hub UI in macOS Menu Bar to be greyed out
HUBM-1675 - Hub Password Policy prompt resets text fields while trying to enter old and new password
HUBM-1079 - Location Services reporting not working in macOS Catalina
HUBM-1271 - Hub UI clipping issues on smaller screens
HUBM-1423 - Push notification doesn’t take user to specific notification within Hub
HUBM-1487 - Privacy screen layout issues on macOS Catalina
HUBM-1282 - Hub erroneously prompted for Location Services permission on 10.15 Beta after a restart, user switch, or logout and login.
HUBM-1311 - Software Update notification text truncated.