The Hub-based enrollment process secures a connection between an iOS device and your Workspace ONE UEM environment. The Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub application facilitates enrollment and allows for real-time management and access to device information.
If you want to take full advantage of the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub capabilities while also allowing the Web enrollment process, you can allow users to enroll through the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub. This setting prevents the end users from enrolling if they have not downloaded the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub.
To enroll an iOS device with the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub perform the following steps:
- Navigate to Require Hub Enrollment for iOS. , and select the
- Navigate to getwsone.com from the Safari browser. Workspace ONE UEM automatically prompts the end user to go to the App Store and download the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub application. Follow the download prompts. An Apple ID is required to download the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub from the iTunes store.
- Select the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub application and then select either one of the following authentication methods:
- Email Address – Select auto-discovery, if it is configured in your environment. In addition, you might be prompted to select a group from a drop-down menu.
- Server Details – Select to enroll using the server URL. The server URL is the network location of your organization’s Workspace ONE UEM instance and the Group ID of the group associated with your device.
- QR Code – Select and use the device to scan the QR code received through email.
- Enter credentials, which can include either a Username and Password, or a Token, or a combination of both to authenticate the device.
- If you enter the credentials incorrectly, a Captcha code appears. Enter the displayed Captcha code to complete the authentication.
- Complete the following process flow as determined by the administrator. Select Next after you complete each page.
- Select your Device Ownership type, if applicable.
- Enter the device Asset Number, if applicable.
- Select Next to enable mobile device management.
- Select Allow to download the MDM profile.
- Install the MDM profile. Accept any prompts for trust, if applicable.
- For devices below iOS 12.2, install the MDM profile when prompted and accept the MDM warning message by selecting Install.
- For iOS devices 12.2 and later, follow the instructional screens to install the MDM profile and accept the MDM warning message by selecting Install.
- Select Open to open a page in the Hub.
- Select Done to complete enrollment. A success message is displayed. The enrollment into Workspace ONE UEM is now complete.
- If prompted, set up a passcode or enter more credentials for shared devices. To set up a passcode, log in to the Self-Service Portal and follow the instructions.
- Optionally, select Open to see the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub details.