Configuring peer-to-peer software distribution with Workspace ONE uses a peer-to-peer technology for the Windows devices on your internal network that facilitates enhanced application download speeds and eliminates the need for multiple distribution points. Workspace ONE UEM native peer distribution uses the Windows BranchCache feature and does not require any new components in the environment. Also, enabling Workspace ONE UEM native peer distribution enables BranchCache on the Windows devices in the Distributed Cache Mode.
Workspace ONE UEM offers peer-to-peer software distribution with Workspace ONE as a technical preview. Technical preview features are not fully tested and some functionality does not work as expected. However, these previews help Workspace ONE UEM improve current functionality and develop future enhancements. To use a technical preview feature, contact your Workspace ONE UEM representative and ask them to have the “WorkspaceOneP2PBranchCacheFeatureFlag” enabled.
- You can configure Workspace ONE Peer Distribution if the customer is not partnered with Adaptiva or has devices in a Smart Group where Adaptiva is not configured.
- Workspace ONE Peer Distribution is only available for customers who are authorized to use the peer distribution system.
- Peer-to-Peer software distribution with Workspace ONE is supported on all Windows 10 devices except for Windows 10 home.
- Navigate to
- Workspace ONE Peer Distribution is displayed in the UEM console only if the customer is authorized to use the peer-to-peer distribution system.
- Workspace ONE Peer Distribution is displayed in the Workspace ONE UEM console only for the Customer-level organization groups and the settings cannot be modified at a higher-level or a lower-level organization groups.
- By default, Workspace ONE Peer Distribution is disabled. Override the setting to Enable the Workspace ONE Peer Distribution configuration.
- In the Assignment Groups text box, select the end-users or end-user devices that uses Workspace ONE Peer Distribution for application downloads.
- Devices that are not assigned under the Assignment Groups setting continue to download applications from the Workspace ONE servers.
- Removing any previously assigned groups from the Assignment Groups text box, disables the peer distribution on those devices that are removed from the text box.
- Disabling Workspace ONE Peer Distribution removes all the assignment groups from the peer distribution.
- Select Save.